This is tough to do, but after combing through my copy of Looking for Alaska, here’s what I’ve come up with:
- At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid and it hurts, but then it’s over and you’re relieved.
- In the dark beside me, she smelled of sweat and sunshine and vanilla, and on that thin-mooned night I could see little more than her silhouette…
- But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating.
- For a moment, it was so quiet that you could hear the sound of not-breathing, the vacuum created by 190 students shocked out of air.
- “At some point we all look up and realize we are lost in a maze…”